Monday, July 4, 2011

God Speaks in Stars (part 2)



Before he gave me these revelations he gave me a very real and intense sign. This was because I needed an answer fast and my emotions were still too raw for me to think clearly and process. This really is an incredible testimony to how God still speaks to us when we ask Him to…

I would work hard all day, not being able to show much emotion because of the need to focus while working. It wasn’t till work was over and the sun was beginning to sink below the mountains that I would get a chance to be alone with my thoughts. I would grab my bible and ipod and pace along the boat dock and just listen for God to speak to my heart. I needed to decide fast what I wanted to do; do I fly home and try to save the relationship I had lost? What if coming to Alaska was a huge mistake? Or do I stay in the Alaskan wilderness and trust that this is where I should be?

I asked God a very direct question, it might seem too bold but I desperately needed to hear from him so I asked Him to send me a sign, a very clear sign to let me know if I should stay in Alaska. I told him I needed to hear it in the next few days so I could let everyone know if I was staying or going.

And God answered……..If you haven’t heard God’s voice before, in my opinion it sounds like your own voice but has wisdom or ideas that you know didn’t come from yourself.

Gently, clearly, he lifted my head to the heavens and showed me some stars that were miraculously not covered by clouds. He told me that He wanted to be my “North star.” The north star never changes, its constant, and unfailing. He revealed that just as the north star has lead people for hundreds of years He wanted to lead me and that if I could just keep my eyes on Him, I would be able to find my way anywhere else.

I waited, and I star gazed, and I stood amazed for a while….as comforted as I was I knew he was still going to make a direct connection between this North Star realization and Alaska.
The next day I found the north star and its constellation which includes the big dipper was seared into my thoughts. Later in the day my friend Jebadiah and I were walking through town when I saw something that literally stopped me in my tracks. I asked Jeb the significance of the flag that was flying just below the American flag on a flagstaff nearby.

He looked at me kinda funny as if I had asked a really dumb question. He explained that the flag displaying the NORTH STAR CONSTILATION was the Alaskan state flag!!!!!!!!! God answered and I have worked hard to not look back since. Alaska is where I’m meant to be meaning everything that has happened was supposed to happen. I’m not spending one more second of my precious time here looking to the past. 

I’m gonna live it up as never before!!! Sorry this entry is kinda lengthy but I desperately want you all to understand that God still speaks in real ways, he still gives us signs and speaks into our lives in tangible ways if we can just learn to trust Him enough to ask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment