Sunday, July 3, 2011

God Speaks In Stars (part 1)



My summer took a drastic change for the worst and best when I least expected it. How do you react when one of the most stable parts of your life fails? What do you do when you thought you had the next part of your life figured out only to have it fall to pieces before your eyes and being completely helpless to stop it? These are questions I fought with during one of life’s valleys. We need these valleys though or else we wouldn’t really appreciate the mountain top times.

Too put it simply… a relationship I was in for over two years ended. As much as this season of pain absolutely sucked, I have never in my life needed God and been rescued by him in such a massive way. In the midst of my sorrow I found myself thousands of miles away from home with nowhere really to turn. My Jesus began to speak to me with such clarity and comfort that I’ve never felt before. It was during this time of confusion, chaos, and pain that I felt Him right next to me, over me, under me, all around me.

It’s not that God magically takes problems away, rather He used this time to give me what I desperately need. He gave me a peace that I could never have found in myself, He gave me this deep radiating joy (even though I was deeply saddened), and he didn’t leave me for one second. He was always there surrounding me, penetrating my soul. I have learned to savor this heart that’s healing.

Before he gave me these revelations he gave me a very real and intense sign. This was because I needed an answer fast and my emotions were still too raw for me to think clearly and process. This really is an incredible testimony to how God still speaks to us when we ask Him to…

No comments:

Post a Comment