Sunday, May 22, 2011

Australian Pit Stop (part 2)



Me and Nate takin over the country side by motorcycle!!!
Mrs. Miller dressed me all up

Whenever I spend a long amount of time in a new country I try to find a local family to sort of adopt me while I’m there. I love learning about culture through locals and getting as involved as I can so I cam make the most of every experience.


Nate’s family has done just that for me. We would spend evenings walking along the cliffs on the coast talking. I loved soaking up all their wisdom as they spoke into my life and circumstance. I've been away from home a little over 2 months now and it has done my soul so much good to explore a new country and adventure with friends a little before I take off for the unknown of Alaska.

God used Mrs. Miller in my life in a particularly awesome way! Since I got accepted to work in Alaska, I have been sent a long list of supplies I need to brave the Alaskan wilderness. Mrs. Miller has always said she has the gift of shopping and so during our time together she took me bargain shopping and I was able to get almost everything on my list!! I love these guys!! I already feel like a part of this family and will deeply miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment