Sunday, May 29, 2011

WELCOME TO KETCHIKAN!!!




The anticipation keeps mounting, as the delay for my Alaskan flight gets longer. I wound up making friends with the captain who ended up buying me a Starbucks chai and delivered it right to my seat right before take-off! It looks like God’s showing me his favor early on.

As my plane lands on the tiny island next to Ketchikan I am reminded that this is it, I’m officially committed to whatever this summer might have in store. I’m 500 hundred miles away from the closest Chipotle’s burrito shop and the rest of civilization. As we descend below the snowcapped peaks I can make out colorful wooden houses built on stilts peaking out from the thick rainforest tree line.

Met a friendly guy who gave me a free ride on his speedboat across the channel and was sooooo excited to finally reunite with my friend Jenna, a fellow nomad, who helped me get this unique job. Alaska is sooooo killer!!! I’m already loving how different and unknown everything is, can’t wait to live it up!!
Stoked on my free Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment