Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunsets, Kayaks, and Genuine Friendship



Although all these times represent some of the best parts of my summer, I think the past time that I really cherished the most were those rare, clear, beautiful evenings where we’d grab a beer and set off in our kayaks. We’d cruise to the middle of our little cove, link our kayaks together and just enjoy each other’s company as we rocked back and forth watching whales spouting along that golden horizon.
The girls paddling into the sunset

I wish I could of just paused some of those priceless moments where all I could think about was my glorious God and his epic creation and my friends so dear to me I’d trust them with my life. Sometimes I’d just sit there kinda quiet and take in the strawberry tinted ridge lines laden with the greenest trees I’d ever seen. I know it sounds selfish but it was times like those where I felt like I was God’s favorite.

How is it possible for Him to love me so much that he’d give me these amazing people and this incredibly view even if it’s just for a moment in time? My God is so so good to me, sometimes all I want to do is get on my face and thank Him profusely for a few hours but for now that sweet memory and a thankful heart will do!


No comments:

Post a Comment